[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, 5-12-2010

Update, 5-12-2010

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, 5-12-2010

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Yes, still getting rid of the drama... silly coming very soon, I promise.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby vdrake » Wed May 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Disturbing as it is, I really expected it.
vdrake
Sweater stretching

Postby Cayen » Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm surprised the Pack lets butch's dad live...
Cayen
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed May 12, 2010 2:23 pm

There's a long gap between what you know happened, and what you can prove happened.

And what attracts too much attention. A dead or disappeared sheriff's deputy attracts a lot of attention. Even if he is an @$$hole.

In other news:

Alena Kagan totally looks like she's being played my Mike Myers.

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 pm

In writing, one of the strongest rules of thumb is, "show, don't tell."

I'd originally planned to show Butch -about- to be abused, and rescued in a tense and dramatic confrontation by Carla, but Ben said quite bluntly that he'd had too much pain to draw as it was and he quite honestly could not- as in was not capable of- draw the scene I had in mind. To the best of my knowledge, it's the first time he's used the veto in our partnership.

On the whole, I'm glad he did; what's doing here- and especially the next page, if Ben makes the art work- is more positive, more fun, and a lot less painful for the characters... while making certain that Gus Cramer looks every bit as much the bastard as he is. (And not the Magnificent Bastard, either- just the ordinary kind.)

To clarify: Good and Evil are not a duality. They are a trinity: Good, Evil, and Bastard. Good wants everybody to get along; Evil wants to put everyone else down; and Bastard wants to put himself up, which is not the same thing.

GOOD: Fights to stop offshore drilling by protests, donating to green-leaning politicians, etc.
EVIL: Blows up an oil platform, starting a massive irreparable oil spill.
BASTARD: Buys up every mom-and-pop burger house within 100 miles of the oil spill and then offers catering for the out-of-town clean-up and repair crews at double the pre-spill prices.

Or, put in celebrity terms: Woody Harrelson is Good; Dick Cheney is Evil; Donald Trump is a Bastard.

I leave it to you to place the rest of our cast, but Butch is Evil, and her dad is a truly irredeemable Bastard.

And we've only just begun to show how much of a bastard he truly is.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby cawsking555 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 pm

I was right and known all the time this was going to happen.
read page 2 of Update (?) 05-06-10-ish
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Wed May 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby vdrake » Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

vdrake
Sweater stretching

Postby Les » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Wed May 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby stormydragon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Les » Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby UberMan5000 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm

UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Les » Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Weltall84 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 am

The power of evil compels me!
Weltall84
Sweater stretching

Postby Slacker Spice » Thu May 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Slacker Spice
Sweater stretching

9 grammes of lead?

Postby lwj2 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:35 pm

lwj2
Just getting started

Postby Usdom » Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Usdom » Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Akagin » Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Akagin
Sweater stretching

Postby Les » Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf