[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, 3-12-2008

Update, 3-12-2008

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, 3-12-2008

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

It bears pointing out that Sarah's clerk is the Baba Yaga only in her mind.

(We hope.)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:43 pm

Parapsychology Introductions? I have a feeling that will be a very interesting class.

Believe it or not this *ahem* administrative error may save their relationship. Recall the happy couple originally met while Sarah was tutoring Peter in math. Perhaps by being forced to rely upon each other in class they'll remember why they fell in love in the first place.

Also, I wonder what effect a semester of physical education will have on Sarah's physique - both of them...

Quick, somebody call Iczerman!
Last edited by Happygun on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Nanaki001 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49 pm

What a freaky and creepy old witch. :<

*kicks*
Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby ghostfang » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm

lol nice Sephiroth pun hehe.

ghostfang
Feeling strange

Postby Catherine_Puce » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:21 pm

You know, conversation french risk to not be as easy that Peter first though. French isn't a easy language.Anyway, the course Peter taked beg for the question: What major he was going to?He got a sport student's grant but I'm almost sure that like in Canada, this doesn't mean that you can simply take random class without trying to get a diploma.

Ça ressemble légèrement à des études en litératures, légèrement. :?

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Actually, you can go a good long way in a US college without a major- at least two years, sometimes three, depending.

Peter intends to be a Physical Education major, naturally.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RBrigham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm

As to Sarah's facial expression in the last two panels, it's going to be amazing that she doesn't wolf-out (wuff-out?) from sheer terror, if it is as stated that Babba-Yagga is only in her mind. That visage would be enough to freak anyone to run screaming or to go catatonic...
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Spiritbw » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 pm

The last panel...why do I get the feeling this was done on a whim? Or did Sarah's subconsious just decide to fuck with her while it had the chance?
Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby RBrigham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Wolfwriter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:51 pm

Wolfwriter
Just getting started

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 am

Uhhh; Happygun, I don't think that Peter and Sarah fell in love, exactly...lust was probably more like it. :roll:

Now, I still stand by my observation that Jack is going to have a very bad day when Sarah finds out it was his suggestion that totally buggered their schedules. :?

I'm still worried about their scholarships. Back in my day*, a Scholarship required that you take certain classes and carry a specific number of semester-hours in them. This could sink both Peter and Sarah's scholarship programs in one semester. :shock:
* yeah, that was a few years ago. The Army skrew'd my scholarship... :evil:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 am

Oh fur Christsakes, K-MacK. Must you disagree and/or fuss over everything I say? Because I'm definitely sensing a trend.

Do you want me to specify exactly what kind of "love" they're in down to the picocherub? Fine. They're not in the passionate throes of true love. They have a teenage crush on one another, which consists of 70% lust, 25% awkwardness, and 5% indigestion. But from what I've seen in the comic thus so far their relationship has the potential to grow into something deeper. Or do you disagree with that as well?
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 am

Well, before this starts an arguement, it could be both right -

Peter's the more emotional, needy one, though... he was also the one more likely to have fell in love first. And be "in love".

Sarah may have been the more 'in like'.. not really wanting to feel anything too strongly about a 'jock'. Even one who did seem to think she was the most amazing person ever. (Or at least, the only person who ever gave him any positive reinforcement.)

And if nothing else, all the constant second guessing at least helps keep you guys from getting too far ahead of us in the story. ^_^

And the extra panel was just for fun. Download it, and send it to your Otakette friends to shatter their dreams! Oh yeah, it's pretty bad nowadays. Oh, the anime fandom is the fun one, it's the one with all the girls! Doesn't help when half of them think they're married to Sephy, the other half to Inu-Yasha...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Observer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 am

Vampires are werebats. There's no other explanation :D.
Observer
Just getting started

Postby DesertRat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am

DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:11 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Spiritbw » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:40 pm

Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Chill, Happygun! Look back at your post; it was almost hearts and flowers and unrequited passions... Frankly, if there isn't any lust in love, it becomes a little too spiritual for this sad, wicked world.
Besides, I got three "Dear John" letters in one week, back in my stint in that garden spot called Viet-Nam...and I don't think they compared notes...they were too far apart, location-wise. :?

Now comes the question: How far will Sarah Wuff run, after facing Baba Yaga's mean stepmother. I have dibs on Okinawa. :lol:

Why would she want to learn Japanese? It's almost as idiomatic and crazy-making as English. :shock:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby KindaChang » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:37 pm

KindaChang
Sweater stretching

Postby Timberwolfer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:04 am

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:24 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby RBrigham » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:59 am

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby K-MacK » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:47 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:26 am

And on a completely unrelated note: old-school late night horror movie hosting in the modern?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Spiritbw » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Well, having been the Vice-president and co-founder of my college's Anime club I can't deny that there is a strong urge to learn Japanese. One reason is because even the best subtitling in the world doesn't always get some of the dialog across properly. Ranma 1/2 for example has numerous puns, but they only work in Japanese. Still, some Otaku really do take it to rather nasty extremes and I can imagine some think they'd be albe to go over there an just find work other than teaching English.

Anime for me though was always a secondary as the history and culture of Japan had an interest for me since we had a presentation on it in third grade. If I went I'd be "Screw the Anime, I got a dozen historical sites I want to go to and there is this one old road that has barly changed since the Tokigawa era that I want to take some time to hike along and stay at the traditional inns..." Sadly, going for the anime might be cheaper. :cry:

Back to languages, I wanted to learn(and still do) Cantonese and Mandrin, mainly because in 1997 Western Canada had a massive influx of Chinese leaving Hong Kong.

French, which we have to learn is the fifth most common language in this province, while the chinese languages hold second and third. Government work might require you knowning french, but i'd probably find more work these days knowing Chinese dialects.
Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf