[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - EnThralled or Confused?

EnThralled or Confused?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

EnThralled or Confused?

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:13 pm

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:46 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Timberwolfer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:02 am

Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:45 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Let's see, didn't I have an article on thralls up on the WikiWLP?

... [url="http://www.wlpcomics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Thrall"]yes, I did[/url], but apparently I didn't put in the meaning of the narration on [url="http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/023.html"]Page 23[/url] of PitW Adult side...

So here's the edit:

"In the White Lightning Productions webcomic Peter is the Wolf, the word ''thrall'' is used to differentiate humans infected with lycanthropy from born werewolves. Unlike the legends, thralls in 'Peter is the Wolf' are not in any way subservient to their "creator", nor are they under the creator's control. Killing the creator, of course, does not cure the thrall of lycanthropy."

So even if Peter were the Fabio of were society, Sarah still wouldn't necessarily feel any compulsion to obey him.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:25 am

So, a Thrall will be a Thrall until they die, no matter how much they learn to control themselves.
So: if Sarah is a Thrall, then Jean is a Native? (using the old term for "Born" as opposed to the modern "Indiginous to location")

Then, Sarah and Peter's offspring would be Native Werewolves, right? :?

Hmmm: Methinks that given the fluidity of Werewolf populations and the lack of a "central control" a Thrall might pass him/herself off as a Native, were he/she to move to a location where the locals weren't likely to check, or if he/she just kept mum about his/her past. 8)
EEEEENNN-ter-esting.... :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby llearch » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 am

Possible, but probably pointless.

Unless said thrall has learned enough to make up for years of childhood learning (possible, but unlikely - it's a moving target, after all, but I'll grant you "close enough" is doable), they're likely to give away their "thrall-ness" anyway. And even if they don't, what advantages do you gain from hoping nobody ever hears about your background?

As I see it (ie, this is my opinion, and probably not canon ;-] ) there's no effective difference between thrall and native, except incidental note of past events. Sortof like the current difference between single and joint parenting, the child that comes out of it is still a human being, and, barring any provincial stupidity, no different, effectively, than anyone else.

Just my 2p, I guess.
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Timberwolfer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Well now I feel like an idjut... ah well, it's familiar turf.

The subsercience bit didn't make sense to me anyway, and I'll try and check the Wiki more often before I make another thread like this.

I have to agree though that it sounds like thralls would be little different than 'native' ones, perhaps only weaker and less experienced as a result of not growing up learning to control themselves.
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby Drahkon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:46 am

Drahkon
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:14 am

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:38 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:56 am

Happygun

Postby llearch » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Return to Peter is the Wolf