[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Mutant Werewolves?

Mutant Werewolves?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Happygun » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:57 am

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:03 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Happygun » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Happygun

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 am

Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby K-MacK » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Note here: Kris said that the average birthrate is 1.6 Werewolves per mated pair.
The Genericville Pack hasn't "made" a "thrall" in decades; the last one was apparently a "Section 8 thrall": both thrall and maker were "put down with great prejudice".
The Genericville Pack is a "Werewolf cultural backwater".

For all we know, there could be progressive packs that are running thralls like an assembly line*; or using natural fertility enhancers to bring the birth rate up to three or more per pairing.
This-right here- is the Genericville pack. That's what we know.

*Essentially as some wanky religious sect that has a really rather interesting "Final Level of Awakening" ritual...and very devoted members, afterwards, after a "year of meditation and bodily purification". They recruit by advertising in Supermarket Tabloids. :lol:
(This is a joke, of course.) There is a possibility that some Werewolves have names other than the ones they were born with; that person died of inoperable cancer or something like it.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:38 am

But thrall-by-adoption is also viable...

Imagine a foster care home that selectively brings in newborns or toddlers, when they really can't get that far out of hand. Yeah, yeah, biting, clawing. We really haven't explored what effect a werewolf suckling a human child would have.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby llearch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:57 am

http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/013.html

Panel 3.

"Any contact by mucous membranes. A bite, breastfeeding, and sex." (paraphrased)

ie, a werewolf breastfeeding a non-lycanthrope child causes that child to become a lycanthrope.

Nuff said.

(although one wonders just how recently they checked that, since wet nurses haven't been in vogue for some time)

... and then there's the converse, which suggests that a werewolf child suckling on a non-lycanthrope wet nurse would turn her. -That- could be interesting...
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 am

Well, theoretically, that flow is one way-

And I guess, drinking the blood/eating the flesh of a werewolf would work, too. But of all those possibilities listed, that's the least likely.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby llearch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Theoretically, the flow in sex is one-way, too.

Mucous membrane contact. Doesn't require anything more. After all, the baby is going to slobber all over the nipple, isn't it?

Maybe not much, but... how much do you really need?

As for the eating/drinking one... well, there are some strange folks out there, so one would expect that there be some strange werewolves, as well. Still... as you say, extremely unlikely. If nothing else, the utter insanity of creating a thrall that way - and the likelyhood of the thrall getting out of control, and thereby inducing a "section 8", would be fairly high. Strange as it may seem, teenagers are more likely to deal with the strangeness of the change easier than a full adult - in my opinion, anyway. They're going through a whole lot of changes anyway, so a few more, whilst giving them some more issues to deal with, isn't likely to totally upset their world-view - y'know, more than it does already. Adults tend to have figured the world out already, rightly or wrongly, and have settled their mind on what goes where. Changing that later is much harder than at teenager level, when they're going through the changes of life, shifting out of their parent's house, moving out to college, becoming self-sufficient, and then all the physical changes of becoming physically mature...

*cough* Sorry. I -do- rabbit on a bit, don't I? ;-]
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:16 pm

On the other hand, as Sarah is finding out, the teenage years are the most hormonal and emotional years of a person's whole lifetime...

... which makes control issues all the harder to sort out.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby llearch » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey! Keep the logicalness and sense out of it! We're having a discussion! ;-]

*cough* Erm, yeah. Granted, the hormones play hell with the control, but the mental changes required for adjusting to the change would be, IMO, easier. As a whole, it's a bit of a wash, I think. Either way would suck...
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Happygun

Postby kitwulfen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:15 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:39 pm

If you had actually read the Zombie Survival Guide you would have known zombies do not specifically target your brain; they eat any meat they can get their hands, preferring human flesh over all others. Furthermore, since their digestive system no longer functions they do not so much eat flesh as much as they stuff themselves until their stomach bursts.
Happygun

Postby kitwulfen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 am

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby EricDrake » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:08 pm

a Blood Donationing Werewolf would certainly be most packs worst enemy considering how quickly there were-wolf population would bloom.
As for mutations, it would depend on the genetics involved wouldn't it? Much like Kris said with humans. Regeneration certainly gets in the way of the more superficial problems fixed through surgery. I'd be far more scared of a child with psychological limitations that are not normally precieved.
Some day the rain of trouble will stop and you will see the light of the day shine through, until then hold to yourself and be true.
EricDrake
Sweater stretching

Postby llearch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Donating blood?

*wince* I can see that getting out of hand -real- fast.

On the other hand - that's provided it doesn't trigger any of the checks they do on it, nowadays...
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby EricDrake » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Some day the rain of trouble will stop and you will see the light of the day shine through, until then hold to yourself and be true.
EricDrake
Sweater stretching

Postby Happygun » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Happygun

Postby Nanaki001 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby K-MacK » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:10 am

Last edited by K-MacK on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby llearch » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:56 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf