[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Wolf on the shoulder

Wolf on the shoulder

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Wolf on the shoulder

Postby Timberwolfer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:43 am

I have to say, I love the little werewolf avatar's on the shoulder, they serve as a nice change from the classic angel and devil. Of course, it would be interesting to see a three way arguement between that grouping.

I hope you plan to keep using them fairly often, they add a real comic touch that had me... hate to say it but ROFL for a good dozen minutes.

Anyone else felt that way about the littl buggers?
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby RBrigham » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am

Yeah, I feel the same about them and I'm thinking that a three way conversation between Sarah and an avatar good/bad wuff might be entertaining if a might confusing.
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby K-MacK » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:44 pm

The "Wolf-on-shoulder" avatar is actually the Wuff emoting to Sarah. The "conversations" were literary license, according to Kris; and the shoulder Wuff was Bar-1's interpretation of the thing.

They aren't really talking-those are "feelings" Sarah is experiencing from her Wuff side, as per Kris's explanation. Actually, we all have those feelings now and then; a sort of "inner dialogue" we all experience. :roll:

Personally, I'd be for the Wuff as a separate being or separate identity, but Kris says that it's all just instincts and different responses to things; so that's what it is. :?
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Timberwolfer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:01 pm

Ah well, either way, a chibi wolfess... is a sexy chibi wolfess.

I do like the idea myself of it being a seperate entity, but that's up to the writers now isn't it? Remembering that each person's mind may be different, you might see actual dialogs between the werewolf and thier inner demon depending on how much they choose to address the existence of this little thing. If you think about it, the classic angel and devil are just feelings too, so the three way arguement could happen... hurts my head to try and imagine it though.
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:07 pm

Happygun

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:41 am

Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby K-MacK » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:08 pm

Let's not forget that in the PItW universe, Sarah-Wuff is only twenty-five hours old.
She is, for all intents and purposes a Puppy. Give her time: I suspect that she'll grow up fast. She has Sarah-Smooth as a guide.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Spiritbw » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby Timberwolfer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 pm

It's a pity you didn't like how it worked out, I really did, but hey, you're the man with the plan.

It was a good experiment, and kudos for giving it a shot atleast... unfortunately now I think I'm going to be incorperating something like it in the next story I write for a werewolf genre.
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:28 pm

EDIT: Oops. Posted update notice in wrong window.

Anyway, the reason I think the little wolf failed was specifically because it ended up sounding too much like a separate personality. It was only intended to express the sudden impulses every person has- you know, the kind of things that say, "How about we turn left in the middle of the bridge and see what it feels like to drive off?" or "I'm hungry, don't wanna wait for lunchtime," stuff like that. Somehow the original script plus BAR-1's embellishment added up to something that was capable of carrying on full two-way conversation with Sarah's conscious mind... which was NOT what was wanted.

And once that was done and in your, the reader's, minds, it couldn't be recalled.

So, it's never going to happen again. We'll have to think of new tricks instead.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:23 am

I predict "wolfing out" will eventually become an addition for Sarah. I recall Kris mentioning that, for a werewolf, being transformed is like being inebriated (the massive surge of hormones, instincts, heightened senses, etc.). Natural born werewolves are used to it, but Sarah - once she develops enough discipline and awareness to retain some memory of her episodes - may find the experience downright euphoric and, paradoxically, find it increasingly more difficult to resist it.
Happygun

Postby RBrigham » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:58 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:45 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Timberwolfer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:08 am

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby RBrigham » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 am

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:55 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 am

Happygun

Postby llearch » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:55 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:12 am

In a way, it's too bad that Kris has made the Wolf into a series of strong instincts rather than a separate being, but that's Canon; and as such a part of the backbone of the story.
As a separate entity, the chibi Wuff could do a lot of funny and relavent stuff, but I can see where doing so would weaken the story line; and even if it didn't; this is Kris's story, not ours.
Maybe a "ghost" Wuff in the background just saying what the instinct package wants as a declaration would work:
A: Chibi: "Why does daddy talk so much?"
B; Ghost Wuff: "Shut up, annoying human, or be shut up!"
No personality in B; just desire and threat.

Ahhh, but the trouble is that the Chibi Wuff was funny and cute, which I suspect wasn't Kris's intention. From what he's said, it was Sarah reacting to bursts of instinct, not having a conversation.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:05 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf