[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Surprise Halloween Update!

Surprise Halloween Update!

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby llearch » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:50 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Mr. Hazen, Werewolf

Postby K-MacK » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

Should Mr. Hazen turn into a Werewolf, he'd probably be the happiest man in Genericville.
He'd have found a real conspiracy. :)
And he'd be part of it!!! :D

Of course, he'd have to tell everyone he knows :lol:

Which would be the end of him... :roll:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Re: Mr. Hazen, Werewolf

Postby Happygun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:27 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Lunchbox » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Lunchbox
Button popping

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby llearch » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:25 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby llearch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Oh, goodie! ;-]

Suffice it to say I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. *grin* Having said that, if you're willing to continue to mull it over, and disagree peacefully, I'm willing to keep talking. :-]

Subject, of course, to the willingness of everyone else to listen to us waffle, as well.

On with the show...

1a) She might not want to replace them. He would consider them rubbish anyway. Remember, Peter has grown up as a Werewolf; he's been throwing clothes and shoes away as long as he's been alive, so to him, it's no big deal. To Sarah, it's a bigger deal, because she hasn't got into the mindset yet. Sooner or later she will, at which point helping her out of her clothes might work. Until then, she's going to take it as him trying to strip her, I think, and react as any teenaged girl would - belt him one. And, being mid-change, she'd probably turn into Wuff and he'd make a road-runner-esque hole in the far side of the house.

Not a good start to ownership. ;-] Although I'll admit I think the two of them are going to be doing a fair bit of redecorating.

1b) True. However, my argument stands: Peter isn't aware that she might need distracting, or help, or anything. Peter, in my humble opinion, is a little short-sighted when it comes to how other people might be thinking - not a criticism, it's something that most teenage boys are, and in his case, it's been exacerbated by his upbringing as a runt.

In fact, if you look at his reactions, Peter appears to be expecting more "distractions" along the lines of what happened last time around. And that, also, is just typical of a horny 18yo boy. *shrug*

2a) She might not be angry enough to really attack him, but... she "accidentally" threw him and Jean a couple of hundred meters into the treetops. We've discussed the possibility of a dead-lift capability on the order of 2 tons, easy. That's a lot of strength, and she's mentally still in a state where, well... you saw the scene with Dr Abe, where he asked if she was sure that was a muscle. She's had zero strength for years. You get used to applying all your force to get things moving. If she does that now, she'll tear doors out of walls, nudge cars out of her way, knock buildings over, that sort of thing. She's really quite strong now, and that's a huge difference to where she's been. If she gets even slightly annoyed, she'll hit him gently - or, what she thinks is gently - and he'll find himself in the next state, wondering where the truck is. ;-]

After a major strength upgrade, I'd expect her to have to take some time working out just how hard to hold things, otherwise she's going to accidentally put fingerprints into cars and the like. And she counts, for Peter, as "another Werewolf" - one of the few things that can kill. She might be very sorry afterwards, but I can see the Wuff accidentally causing him some serious damage.

2b) Maybe, maybe not. After all, to take the earlier example, would you enjoy being hit by a truck, even if you could heal almost instantly? In her mind she's still a weedy little 5'4" dweeb, attempting to hit a 5'8" jock. The mere fact that she's swinging an arm that's probably close to 5' long, and likely weighs as much as he does, to do so, has yet to register. Not to mention the extra length means a lot more force on point of application.

3) Heh. Ok, that might happen. Given the way she fought Rebecca, it wouldn't surprise me to see her take what Peter would consider an unconventional approach. ;-]
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Jumping in...

Postby K-MacK » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:20 pm

Let's see;
1: Replacing Peter> He's her mate, and Wolves don't just replace mates; they do, however, FIGHT to see who is the "Top Dog" in the pairing. Would she injure Peter in such a fight? Very possibly; but when two wolves fight for dominance there is usually very little blood shed, but a great deal of pinching-with-teeth would happen. Remember: Per Canon, the Werewolf part of these people consists of Instincts, not personalities. The personality in a Thrall is submerged or overpowered by the Wolf instinct set.
1b: Distracting> Peter is prepered to "distract her" the way he's distracted her before; with physical intimacy. He doesn't realize that her last coherent thought was that it was somehow "All his fault". Therein lies the change that is going to cause him some distress; Sarah-Wuff is annoyed with him. That will probably trigger a "Dominance Fight, which she will win.
2: Wolves don't hit: they bite, and Sarah-Wuff is still 95% Wolf, mentally.
3: Last time Sarah fought Butch, she had her by the throat. If Butch had whined and submitted, Sarah would have let her go-most likely. She would have seen Butch's attack as a "Position-in-the-Pack" sort of fight; and she responded that way. Sarah-Wuff threw Butch, true; but I suspect that was a matter of her Human side providing a skill-set that she wasn't really aware of. Holding Butch at arm's length is a canid action-my Husky does the same thing when we play. Batting-with-paw/hand is also a canid act, but grasping and throwing isn't; that's Human.

My personal opinion is that what happens to Peter will be initiated by the Wuff, but Peter's reaction to it will determine the outcome. Rolling on his back and whining would be the best thing he could do: submitting.
Then, having established dominance, the Wuff could relax and have some fun. Somehow, even if he is the Pack Omega, I don't think he will do that; he's too Humanized.
Hence: I suspect that he's going to see just how fast he can run. Sarah-Wuff will chase him-not because she wants to hurt him, but because she has to establish who's boss, him or her.
What he needs is a rolled-up-newspaper... :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:34 pm

the way I see it , whether it be from running or "ahem" other activities, Peter is going to have a very hard time walking in his near future ( hell perhaps even having a hard time standing! )

Now , if he enjoys it is another story alltogether... :lol:
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby MitchellTF » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

I'm just getting a mental image of her picking him up, using him as a baseball bat, and going, "BAD PETER! BAD!"
MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf