[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Surprise Halloween Update!

Surprise Halloween Update!

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Surprise Halloween Update!

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 pm

How should I put this...

[thank you]*10^100

Sarah seems...resentful all of a sudden. This does not bode well for Peter.

Oh yeah, what's with the Metal Gear Solid II-esque hexagrams surrounding Peter's pants?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby K-MacK » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:38 pm

Along with Happygun; Sarah's last minute decision to blame Peter for everything is (a) depressingly female, and (b) potentially dangerous for him, since the Wuff will pick up on that, and Peter may not have the pleasant night he's envisioning. :?

Great: Silver, fire, or the claws of another Werewolf...
He's in trouble...and is typically clueless to the fact. :roll:

Wonderful! :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Happygun » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 am

...Y'know, it's possible she's actually thrilled by the prospect of being free from her parents. She has her own place, she was able to force her mom and dad to leave when she wanted, and she never has to go home.

...Then again, if that were the case she probably wouldn't say "this is all your fault, Peter." So....nah.
Happygun

Postby DesertRat » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:05 am

DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby RBrigham » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:14 am

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:05 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:19 am

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby MitchellTF » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:59 am

MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby Catherine_Puce » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Nanaki001 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:26 pm

All I can really say is...sniff...Peter...we're going to miss you. T_T

If Peter doesn't have his skull smashed in, however, he DOES have these options:

1. Flee.
2. FLEE.
3. Try to calm her down or tire her out, and once she's human again, comfort her on the current situation.
4. FLEE. <-(best option)

And I hope Sarah's dad's saying of "NOTHING will stand in the way of the truth" does NOT mean he's going to snoop around the house during Wuff time. O_o

Also, how come all of the other werewolves can just kinda "poof" into their wuff forms, but Sarah's takes some time? I mean, I know Peter's mom took time changing for dramatic effect, and Sarah once "poofed" while at Dr. Abe's. Can they actually control the speed of the transformation, or what?
Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby Wakinyan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:47 pm

I would guess one reason is because she still hasn't learned how to do it well yet or two she is putting on about half a ton of weight and mass (give or take) and it might take a little longer...
Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby llearch » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:45 pm

Rough figures, and explanation behind the guestimates ;-]

I figure: My son is half my height, and 1/3rd my weight. Neither of us have much muscle mass, so that's a reasonable "twice the height" relationship.

I figure, a hefty muscled six-foot human weighs in at around 100kg, give or take twenty or so. So The Wuff is gonna be on the order of 300kg, give or take 60 or so. So... somewhere between 240 and 360, probably, given my figures, with a (guessed) standard deviation of 60, rather than anything more accurate. ;-]

Bear in mind that as you get larger, things like bones and muscles go -up- in weight, because they get denser to support the greater weight supporting them. Also bear in mind I've created a line by selecting two points, and then guessing - always a highly accurate method ;-] So it wouldn't surprise me to learn The Wuff weighed in at 500kg. It -would- to learn she weighed less than 250 or so, though - my figures are on the low side, and don't take into account the balloons....

Anyone else have some random figures to pull out of the air to dispute mine? I'm happy to discuss it ;-]

Edit:
Oh. And I'd put Sarah's non-furry weight at, roughly, 50-60kg at most. So she's putting on 3x her weight at least, and more like 10x...
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 pm

She takes time changing for two reasons: lack of practice, and the fact that she's resisting it.

Again, think of it as the difference between a smoothly flexing muscle and muscle spasms.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Wakinyan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 pm

11 feet tall in her shifted form add to that a huge amount of solid muscle mass plus fat from the breasts. So 1100 pounds or 500kg is not a stretch at all prowrestlers and football players can be in the 300 - 500 pounds range at almost half her size.

One thing I keep wondering about is her total strength. My guesstimate is a two ton deadlift maybe two or three times that when she is really mad.
Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:21 pm

My only regret is that there will be no scene where Sarah suddenly gains control over her instincts, looks down at her body (err...upper body, at least), freaks out, and then spends the next three hours posing in front of a mirror. Why? Why do you deprive us of this Kris? :P
Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:45 am

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby llearch » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:25 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Wakinyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:02 am

Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 am

Happygun

Postby Wakinyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:40 am

Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby RBrigham » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:54 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Nanaki001 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:38 pm

Happygun

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf