[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Uplate... er, Update, October 20

Uplate... er, Update, October 20

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Uplate... er, Update, October 20

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:33 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:07 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Hypocrites

Postby darkecofreak23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:22 am

darkecofreak23
Sweater stretching

Postby Jafer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:58 am

I have to agree with Dark, but something I noticed...

Is it just me, or does Sarah's shoulder-wolf talk even more like a cat marco even since I mentioned that?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if I'm not, that'd be pretty awesome. ^_^

Also, something at popped in my head:
Gus: I have to... think.... *goes into and locks bathroom with sign saying 'Do Not Disturb'*
Jafer
Just getting started

Postby kitwulfen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 am

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby UberMan5000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 am

UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby MitchellTF » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 pm

MitchellTF
Mountain climbing

Postby K-MacK » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Last edited by K-MacK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Oh, on the bright side, that';s the last page of the special Cramer household arc. So I'm back to drawing only 1 page a week until the end of this chapter which will also be soon. (Finally! chapter 5 seems to have been disturbingly long at times. ^^, but we did get a helluva lot of plot in there...)

Of course, that reprieve comes just in time for me to get swamped (not that I'm already not) by and . Maybe I'll eventually be able to get ahead a little... I need the money.... not like I'm getting any overtime right now at work.

There's a new piece on my DeviantArt as well.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Man, the general audience page was hard to read for all the typos. I assume that the first panel of Sarah's dad with a flaming aura is yet another anime reference?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Well, the typos in the dad's speech that I caught, i corrected... and added a little bold-face emphasis.

Other than that, the macro-speak is purposeful, to help illustrate... shall we say... Sarah's deteriorating mental state in the advance of her instinctive side growing in influence? (Something tells me that's why catmacros are even funny to begin with. It hits something instinctive. That, and lord help the fool that steals Sarah's Bukket.)
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 pm

Happygun

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Les » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 am

What I find especialy scary is the true heights of Gus's ambitions. He not only intends to one-day rule the Pack as Alpha, but to re-assert Lycan's 'rightfull place' as overlords over the Human Race.. and he's insane enough he to think he actually has a shot of pulling-off both within his lifetime despite the vast difference in numbers (Pack vs. Gus in the former, and Humans vs. Werewolves in the latter) but the fact that virtually every other werewolf's opinion of Gus's ideas range from 'Naw' to 'Hayull Naw!'
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Last edited by RBrigham on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 pm

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby K-MacK » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Y'know, Sarah's "Metaphor" Wuff is one of the cutest characters I've seen in the story. She's just plain perfect for the "conversations" that Sarah is having with her Werewolf instincts.
Well done is well done!
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby llearch » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:40 pm

I know it kinda sounds like a "me too" AOL type response, but K-MacK mentioning it has pointed out that I haven't mentioned it, either.

It seems to me that a lot of the time, nobody mentions things that are good on this forum. Things we enjoy, or laugh at, are simply laughed at, but no post is made. I'm not sure if that's simply a lack of people to comment, or what, but I realised it's been holding me back from commenting...

And yes - I like the metaphor Wuff. It's cute, as K-MacK says, and that's worth at least mentioning once. ;-]
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm not all that happy with how the ear-wolf (so I described it in the script- it was meant to be much smaller at first) turned out. It looks too intelligent and far, far, FAR too much like an independent personality for my taste. I'd just wanted something simple to provide a voice for the "wanna play wanna wanna wanna!" stuff, and, well, it kind of grew.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Dvandom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:12 pm

Dvandom
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Happygun

Postby Arjay » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:43 pm

Lovin' every minute.
Arjay
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 am

I hope you guys,and the majority of our readers, can see that we're not trying to go for cheap shock content here, nor make this a very special episode. My personal views, when it comes to storytelling...

Child Abuse does not equal Automatic Character Development.
Rape does not equal Automatic Character Development.
Drug Addition does not equal Automatic Character Development.
Death in the Family! does not equal Automatic Character Development.

There's a line there. One has to handle this sort of thing really carefully, and not as a cheap attention getter... it'll be a damned exercise in writing to pull it all off, but this stuff isn't coming out of nowhere, nor is it going nowhere. (Some of you have already caught on here and there about it, by diving into the archives, or reading through our Wiki.)
We're going to be working damned hard to make sure to keep you guys entertained, and tell a top-notch webcomic yarn. The last damned thing I want to do is to rake our characters over the coals unnecessarily, just to score cheap drama points.
And we're going to be committed to bringing you the lols in the near future and throughout the run of PitW.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:26 am

The more i see of Gus the more i think that he suffers from the delusion that he is a Wolf that Walks like a man and not a Human with bits of Canine/Wolf added on. In other words Gus sees him self more as a wolf that turns into a man than a man that turns into "wolf".
The man is backwards in just about every possible way. :roll:
On a unrelated note I think Sarah will shove her parents out the door soon so that she can get the out of the house before the wolf takes over. If she does so soon she might even have time to save her clothes. :D
Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf