[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Hey PitW Fans...Anyone here a WoD fan?

Hey PitW Fans...Anyone here a WoD fan?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Hey PitW Fans...Anyone here a WoD fan?

Postby PHDrillSergeant » Mon May 07, 2007 3:37 pm

In my eternal nerdness, I've noticed many similarities (most likely cooincidental) between the structure of PitW werewolf society and White Wolf's Werewolf: The Apocalypse Garou society.

It got me wondering if any of the creators or fans here besides me play Werewolf or other World of Darkness games.

Hmmm...perhaps in the future I might draw a fan strip with one of the characters of Peter meeting someone from Werewolf. *evil chuckle*

(if this is in the wrong section, I apologize in advance.)

- I'm still here.

~PH
PHDrillSergeant
Feeling strange

Postby Ganthan » Mon May 07, 2007 3:42 pm

I played Vampire: The Masquerade once upon a time, briefly. But since the guys I played with were such wild unpredictable losers it was usually hard to tell whether we would be playing any given week or not. My favorite vampire clan was Tremere. We never touched any other White Wolf games, though we did do a little bit of AD&D. I personally prefer White Wolf over AD&D. The rules are much much simpler.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby PHDrillSergeant » Mon May 07, 2007 4:58 pm

I agree that the OWoD tabletop system is superior in many ways to AD&D. It also allows for more freeform roleplayng.

I currently play in a Vampire:The Masquerade LARP, which also includes Werewolf, Mage, and Wraith.
PHDrillSergeant
Feeling strange

Re: Hey PitW Fans...Anyone here a WoD fan?

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon May 07, 2007 7:15 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Queen of Night » Mon May 07, 2007 7:54 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon May 07, 2007 9:17 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby kitwulfen » Tue May 08, 2007 1:49 am

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Tue May 08, 2007 8:39 am

Last edited by Happygun on Tue May 08, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tyrant » Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby K-MacK » Wed May 09, 2007 3:50 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

2 pesos , headed your way!

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed May 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Re: 2 pesos , headed your way!

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby PHDrillSergeant » Wed May 09, 2007 11:06 pm

PHDrillSergeant
Feeling strange

Postby Happygun » Wed May 09, 2007 11:32 pm

I consider myself a gamer - neither casual nor hard-core. It's more than a hobby for me but my life doesn't revolve around it.

I never got into White Wolf. The reason, in all honesty, being the reputation of the games and the players. An unfair generalization, I know, but in any case the concept of playing angst-ridden creatures of the night (or furry ecoterrorists, or psychotic pookas, or…) never appealed to me. This is somewhat ironic given my preference for systems that emphasize roleplaying. Despite this, D&D is and will probably remain my favorite tabletop RPG. I started playing 2nd Edition when I was still in grade school and was present for the official release of 3rd Edition at GenCon. These days I play a 3.0/3.5 hybrid of D&D called “D&D Edition Pi” developed by an acquaintance of mine. It combines all the best aspects of the two “editions” into one friendly package. I’ll admit D&D isn’t flexible or adaptable as, say, GURPS, but its popularity makes it easy to find other players.

I’m a fan of board games and traditional card games as well. Favorites include Settlers of Catan, The Arkham Horror, The Order of the Stick Adventure Game, Munchkin, Chez Geek, Grunt, Greek, and Goth, Fluxx, Kill Doctor Lucky, and ZOMBIES!!! I had a brief dalliance with Warhammer before the cost of maintaining the affair became unbearable. I still paint miniatures for my D&D games and am, in fact, quite good at it.

As for a PitW game, you’d be better off eschewing a formal rules system in favor of a freeform RPG. I suppose GURPS could work, but governing character advancement and power would be tricky. See, when a human in the PitW universe is transformed into a werewolf he gain a massive amount of power. Natch. The disadvantages he picks up do not even begin to offset the advantages. Yet any 25-point schmuck can go furry if injected with werewolf juice. Sarah is the perfect example. The only cogent explanation, point-wise, I can come with is that she was already high level – probably in the 300 to 400 range – and at character creation invested most of her points into a Secret Advantage. The GM simply determined the Advantage was along the lines of “If she ever happens to become a werewolf…”

EDIT: A thought occurs: Peter and Sarah take summer courses at They'd fit right in.
Happygun

Return to Peter is the Wolf