[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Ganthan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 pm

The most recent video in the pony-licoius meme is of Rarity and there's a bit of an argument about whether Tabitha St. Germaine actually voiced it or not. People claim that the video description strongly hints that it is in fact her. Personally I don't think the voice sounds 100% like Rarity and have mentioned so in the comments, but it's just gotten me made fun of, LOL'ed, and my comments voted down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtLMNrlzoBU

What do you guys think? Am I right or am I retarded?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey! I thought the unspoken agreement was that the 300th post on this thread would be regarding the announcement of when the first episode of season 3 is airing!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am

Well my magical scrying telescope is still in the repair shop so my psychic ability to predict people's desires is kind of handicapped. In fact, it's been in there since before I was born and it's kind of making life a bit embarrassing so I hope it gets finished soon. :roll:

As for Season 3, it looks like the first episode is gonna be a double parter called The Crystal Empire. "A magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and Princess Celestia needs Twilight Sparkle and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Fair, Twilight Sparkle searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm." Still no release date yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My ... c_episodes
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

I feel your pain, Cheerilee. I need my ponies pretty soon, too. :(
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 pm

First announcement for MLP: FiM Season 3 start date! It will happen in November! No specific day given, but at the longest only two more months until Season 3!!!

Remember, remember, a day in November
Happygun

Postby Monfang » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

I just wish other networks showed as much appreciation for new IPs as HUB has.
Monfang
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 pm

The air date of the premier episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 3 has been announced!!!

November 10, 2012 at 10:00am

Mark your calenders, mix the apple cider, and sing in praise!
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 pm

okay, at Youmacon. Just saw a guy dressed as a Putty Patroller, with a pair of pony plushies.

A Pony Patroller?

Mighty Morphin' Pony Rangers?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Monfang » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Monfang
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Then who would be the
Happygun

Postby Monfang » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Monfang
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Pair or utterly rubbish shirt ideas.

Mighty Morphin Pony Rangers. Six shirts, main six colors, purple shirt, lavendar, yellow, pink, orange, light blue - White Diamonds, gold & black power coin of each Cutey Mark.

Twilight Sparkle as Eva-unit 0-1. "Angel attacking Neo-Tokyo? I'll lecture her!"
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:14 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 Episode 1 + 2 The Crystal Empire

That was AWESOME for a season premier. All of the funny pony perks and one off jokes that memes get made out of, combined with a plot that was actually really good for a premier. Not to mention some foreshadowing about Twilight. Next level of studies!? Oh crap, what's Twi gonna become?

Rarity absolutely shines with all her enthusiasm at the beauty of the Crystal Empire. I also found it pretty amusing how she's quite willing to let Spike do all her heavy lifting for her.

It took me a little bit to figure out how Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were holding up their lances for the jousting match, then I realized they were holding them with their wings. I guess that's something only pegasi can do. Maybe unicorns as well but they could easily cheat.

Pinkie Pie's Fluttershy costume genuinely made me go "Whoa, holy S*%T!" Not to meantion Fluttershy's little freak out when she spotted it on the ground.

Cadance and Shining Armor reminded me of Scotty. "Captain, I don't know how much longer I can hold it together!" I bet Cadance was putting away the coffee like mad.

The only part I didn't really care for was the villain King Sombra. He was more two dimensional than Lord Voldemort, something I originally didn't think was possible. He was just there and evil because he could be. "Look at me, I take the form of a huge evil black cloud like from The Mummy. Phe@r m3! I mean, Nightmare Moon was a more interesting villain than him for pete's sake.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Yeah, King Sombra was a big disappointment. A generic Evil Overlord(TM) with no real motivation or character beyond being Pointlessly Evil whose role could have been filled in by any of the prior villains with far more candor. In addition, the Crystal Heart was a rather hackneyed MacGuffin we could have done without (or better yet...have the real thing be destroyed by King Sombra but then the "fake" one made by Twilight Sparkle becomes the real thing because the Mane 6 did such a good job of raising the spirits of the Crystal Ponies; it's only a symbol of the real thing). And the temporary crystallization of the Mane 6 was an obvious push to sell Crystal Empire(TM) Mane 6 merchandise.

Overall, a not bad, but not great, season opener. I think the writers are more adept at writing slice-of-life episodes than adventure ones unless they're given full creative freedom.

I loved the fact Twilight Sparkle can use dark magic now, though! Yesssss..... :twisted:

The previews, however, look REALLY good - confirmation of the "Too Many Pinkie Pies" episode, a Trixie episode, a "little rascals" episode, Scootaloo flies, Sweetie Bell finally uses magic, appearance of actual horses(?)...

Also, loved the cheap shot at G3 MLP - yes Pinkie Pie, that is a crazy face http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... p5vazXWgec
Happygun

Postby Monfang » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Fanon has been changed.

Dark Magic is now canon and works off of negative feelings.

Crystal Ponies aren't actually Crystal, it's just the effect on their bodies while in the shield of the Crystal Heart.

Physical shape changing based on magic is now canon as seen with King Sombra.

There is a new kingdom in the world of Equestria, please update all maps.
Monfang
Button popping

Postby Ganthan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm

I just really hope the quality of the upcoming season makes up for it being half the length of the other seasons. Up next is Too Many Pinkie Pies (aka The Pinkieacolypse). Prepare yourself!

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Episode 3, Season 3 - Too Many Pinkie Pies

Not exactly the pastel colored apocalypse we were hoping for, but still pretty hilarious; it would have been funnier if the citizens of Ponyville started treating the rise of Pinkie as End Times instead of a severe annoyance. The Pinkies' antics were, as usually, riotous - cheap shot at 2G ponies, ponies with fingers, Pinkie experiencing an existential crisis, Pinkie watching paint dry. Plenty of opportunities for fanfic with the mirror pool. Oh yes.

The way Twilight *spoiler* returned the Pinkies to the Mirror Pool...kinda disturbing, actually :shock:
Happygun

Postby Monfang » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm

The Pinkie Return Spell was just epic.

But did anyone else catch that the book is apparently a secret one? And that it was hidden in a compartment of the library?

Lot of hidden revelation in this episode.

1) That is not an ordinary library, excusing being made from the inside of a tree that is apparently still alive. No ordinary library keeps books hidden behind secret passages. What other secrets are hidden there? Who was the prior owner who made the tree in such a manner?

2) What about that book is so bad that it needs to be hidden? Could it be that it was protecting against the mirror pond? If so, why was the solution hidden along with it? What other secrets is hidden in that book?

3) Will there be any disaster that isn't adverted with the help of a book?
Monfang
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 pm

I ended up missing the first 5 to 10 minutes or so when it first aired, but luckily the episode was uploaded to Youtube a mere hour and a half later. It's really just as well because this is the kind of episode that needs to be watched prerecorded in order to catch the antics of all the different Pinkies.

Did it seem to anyone else that the method they used to determine the real Pinkie from the fakes not only didn't make much sense if you think about it, but it was also kinda brutal? First off, it wasn't really a test to see which one acted the most like the real Pinkie, it was quite the opposite. "Watch this paint dry and if you get distracted for even a second, ZAP, you die." It was really just a test to find out which one wanted the most to not get sent back. I'm surprised that nopony figured out that it was the depressed one on account of her feeling guilty about the horde she created causing so much havoc.

I get the feeling that Twilight is gonna keep being very OP for the rest of this season. Nuke away any ponies that are being too annoying? No prob. Levitate a huge boulder to plug up the hole leading to the Mirror Pool? Easy peasy. No wonder everypony in Ponyville constantly goes to Twilight with their troubles.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Oh, and apparently Pinkie Pie watching paint dry is from a fan fiction. I honestly had no idea until folks on Youtube kept going on about it.

I guess you can't call me a true Brony due to my only rule regarding the reading of fan fiction, which is: Don't. I don't want or need fan fiction. I've never even read Cupcakes and never will. I don't see the harm in trying to write your own version of a popular story but it's never going to be as good as the original due to the majority of fan fic writers not being professional TV show writers to begin with, and even if they WERE the fact still remains that they don't have the necessary knowledge of the show to represent the characters accurately. Plus I'm the kind of guy who sighs and rolls my eyes every time I see the word 'your' used in place of 'you're'.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Monfang » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, seeing as Twilight's talent IS magic, she is the Element of Magic (Friendship), she turned an Ursa Minor docile in the middle of it's rampage, survived encounters with Nightmare Moon, Discord, a Changling Queen, solved the puzzles of King Sombra and saved the Crystal Kingdom, went back in time, not to mention she is the Student of Princess Celestia and hatched a dragon egg to get to be one.

I think she's got enough EXP to excuse her abilities.

And the copies are not so much soulless, but are copies of her personality that lacks her experience. You notice that they have her love of fun, but none of her experience and knowledge.
Monfang
Button popping

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.