[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - What are the inspirations for PitW?

What are the inspirations for PitW?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

What are the inspirations for PitW?

Postby Zenoseiya » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Zenoseiya
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Well, in chronological order:

Rahne Sinclair of New Mutants was my first encounter with a lycanthrope of any sort who wasn't a bloodthirsty horrible fiend.

Gold Digger represented my first encounter with a universe where lycanthropes acted pretty much like normal people, neither monsters nor heroic paragons. It also represented something else pretty novel: a comic which, unlike virtually all the garbage coming out of Marvel and DC (and that was back when they were almost good- my opinion's gone only down since) didn't take itself too seriously. (There was also the cheesecake.)

The works of Terry Pratchett, which I have been reading so long and so devotedly that I can't remember which I read first or when, likewise feature werewolves who are no more bloodthirsty or horrible than humans, except that they have more "natural" tools to be monstrous with.

Tenchi Muyo! opened up the world of harem anime to me, and even more than Ranma 1/2 gave me a lasting love of romantic conflict. And, of course, the comic that led me to anime in the first place, Ninja High School, must be mentioned.

BAR-1 is influenced to a significant extent by Kevin Smith's movies, but to be perfectly honest I've never much gotten into his work.

On the other hand, I'm rather fond of Mel Brooks and his works.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 pm

One other note: Walt, Peter's dad, was originally supposed to be a werewolf edition of Ward Cleaver. It was BAR-1's design sketches, and his strong inclination against Sire-Knows-Best (especially when he didn't), that turned him into more of a werewolf Al Bundy.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby llearch » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Return to Peter is the Wolf