[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Update that Would Not Die, 5-14-2008

The Update that Would Not Die, 5-14-2008

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Update that Would Not Die, 5-14-2008

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Here it is, courtesy of BAR-1's now mostly functional computer.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Wakinyan » Wed May 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Interesting. So given how jerky a transformation can be (and amusing). Can Weres control even that aspect? Meaning, If one needs a claw to open something could they shift just one claw on one finger? Do any of the shifters have that kind of fine control over the change?
Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby Happygun » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Imagine my surprise and delight when I logged on to see an update! Thank you, Bar, for working out this little problem in time to post the strip.

From what I've gleaned from Kris' statements, experienced werewolves can if they so desire (warning: adult-only link) and shift parts of the body before others. However, once they start transforming they must eventually complete the process - their body cannot remain half-human, half-werewolf indefinitely.

I think a good metaphor is going down a slippery slide. Once you start you can slow down or accelerate by grabbing the sides or pushing yourself along or even scramble back up to the top, but it's extremely uncomfortable and difficult to stay in one place for very long.

EDIT: You know, it just occurred to me. Sarah wants sex, but she and Peter aren't getting along right now. So what is she going to do?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby RBrigham » Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Hey all, I, also, am glad that Bar-1's computer problems are solved, I was starting to go through withdrawls...

Story and art work are, as usual, top notch...

I just hope that Sarah didn't damage the wall to much...
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby lonehawkboy » Wed May 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Axe-time, sword-time shields are sundered,
Wind-time, wolf-time, ere the world falls;

Volupso, Lines 43-44
lonehawkboy
Feeling strange

Postby llearch » Thu May 15, 2008 4:15 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Peter has trouble controlling anything, even himself. Yes, I thinnk Jean would be a much better "teacher" for Sarah, if for no other reason than they are both female.
They are "on the same wavelength" so to speak, while Peter is decidedly not.
I do notice, though, that this time Sarah actually managed a teensy bit of control, even if it didn't last...unless her first real awareness as a Werewolf consists of consiously banging her head against a wall.
Whatever rings her chimes. It does appear that Peter is a success in the "erotic" department, since it's him that she thinks of when she thinks of "eroticness" ( staying away from the nasty word, SEX. can't say that.) :lol:
And thank goodness that Ben's Compy was salvageable, and he didn't lose all his work. That would hurt, bigtime.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby wysiwyg » Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 am

Oh look, Sarah doesn't wear underwear. :P
wysiwyg
Button popping

Postby Toast » Fri May 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby llearch » Sat May 17, 2008 7:41 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sat May 17, 2008 8:14 am

I disagree. Peter can be an efficient teacher. Some things just take time to be mastered. Also, in the first panel, they explain that Sarah lack of practice. This is probably like learning to play violin. It take a while before the music stop to be grating. Furthermore, it could be full , this make transformation even harder to resist(but I think that this is more like half moon if my memory of the lunar cycle is correct).

Vous êtes trop dure avec Peter.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Sat May 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Actually, I think Kris stated Sarah IS aware when transformed. He described it as being on a bad acid trip - she kinda knows what's going on but it's hard for her to control herself. Put another way - one which, I believe, more accurately reflects her mental state - Sarah is dreaming. She's aware of the reality around her but feels compelled to act in a different manner and doesn't question this imperative.
Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Sun May 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Plus...IMHO, she hasn't really accepted that she is most likely Shifting at the drop of a hat (or anything else) because some part of her sees being:
>Big; >Powerful; >Sexy; >the center of attention; and well nigh invulnerable (remember the Sheriff's bullet?) as a desireable thing.
Remember; in High School she was a Geek, scorned by her peers, an outsider, and in a real sense a Human Omega to Peter's Werewolf Omega.
The Wuff is none of those things.
Revenge is sweet :twisted: and in her case, (I suspect) a major reason for her seemingly uncontrolled transformations.
Finally, according to the resident expert (Kris) it takes at least six months for a Werewolf to get any real control over themselves; and this is only a bit over six weeks!
Then, there IS the Fanservice angle, too... :lol:
Last edited by K-MacK on Sat May 31, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby moocow1452 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:11 pm

moocow1452
Just getting started

Postby K-MacK » Sat May 31, 2008 10:11 pm

In the dialog, Kris talks about how you can't juggle too many cans, and what happens when you drop just one... :shock:

Bad example. He should have used JUGS; not cans, in the Wuff's case. :wink:

I'll leave now... :lol:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Happygun » Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 pm

Happygun

Postby Dvandom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Dvandom
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Happygun

Postby llearch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby RBrigham » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:05 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Return to Peter is the Wolf