[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Return of Stick Peter and Cynical Sarah

Return of Stick Peter and Cynical Sarah

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Return of Stick Peter and Cynical Sarah

Postby Ganthan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:05 pm

No update this week by the looks of it. Ah well, no real hurry.

I'm simultaneously glad the Indiegogo funding is ahead of schedule overall and sad that it's behind schedule for last week. I've looked at the new perks and the only one that catches my interest is getting to write our own non-canonical page for PitW, although $100 per page seems a little steep for what is essentially just commissioned art. I've got some good naughty ideas so maybe I'll end up taking a page or two.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: Return of Stick Peter and Cynical Sarah

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes, it's a lot. The thing is, if I put commissions on the drive, they'd ALSO be $100, because half of the dough goes to Ben- and BAR-1's commission rate is $50 per.

On the other hand, someone getting the writing perk also gets me as an editor (and, if necessary, a converter-to-script) and advisor; they also get their idea, in comic form, up on the website forever and ever(ish).
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

And no, no update. Ben and I both had cons last weekend and this coming weekend.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:09 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:48 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:29 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Aticston » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm wondering what this indecisive furry parody of ranma 1/2 is at personally, I never even heard of it until now
Aticston
Button popping

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 am

Let me put this in a more comprehensive way.

What you're asking normal people to do is pay dearly for the privilege of writing one page at a time of YOUR comic using only YOUR characters, and you're hoping for some PG-13? People want the most bang for their buck, and the best bang is, well, banging.

If I may make a suggestion: Lift the restriction on newly created characters.

The fact is nobody knows your characters better than you. Even if I do come up with one page worth of PG interaction between your characters, with a $100 price tag I'm not going to lose any sleep if it never sees the light of day. It would be more interesting for us and infinitely more rewarding if we could write our own characters, like my upcoming were bear truck driver fursona, interacting in a PG way with this world you've created, especially if the page is assuredly not going to be canon anyway.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 am

Now Ganthan, as for your Wearbear Trucker.. is he also... a (Yeah, me & Morgan will never let this go... it just tickles us both wayyyy too hard.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:13 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:25 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:59 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:23 pm

So how are these fan pages going to be presented? The perk description says February but assuming you sell all 24 posting one a week would take a while.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:36 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:43 pm

ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:35 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 pm

[quote="Ganthan"]If you're going to point out that I could have gotten both General Audience books with an Economy Bundle, that perk became available only AFTER I bought the first two.

Actually, I'll just mention I thought you already had Book 1.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf