[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Possible Hiatus

Possible Hiatus

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Possible Hiatus

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:24 pm

I think my scanner just crapped out on me. Can't get it checked until tomorrow at earliest. If it's working then it means my computer is fouled up somehow, because now my Photoshop isn't even displaying the TWAIN option on Import. (And it looks like my laptop isn't recognizing my scanner either, saying that cable isn't connected.)

If I can get things working again, it means this week's page won't be up until the weekend. If I can't then it means there won't be any pages for a while until I can get things up and running again, or at least purchase a new scanner.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Possible Hiatus

Postby Happygun » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Could you let us know when you find out whether it's the scanner or the computer?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I just replaced the scanner in the WLP offices, preparing for the long-overdue Cream & Sugar and NNHS TPBs. I think I can send you the old scanner (Canon LiDe 200, I think).
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Henpecked » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:31 am

Although it sucks to hear that pages will be delayed, it's much appreciated that you guys always give us the heads-up when it happens. Thanks for letting us know.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 am

Ran up to Best Buy, and it looks like it may just be the power supply. (Hooked it up to a voltimeter... where about 12 volts should have been registering.. it was showing... 00.13...) So I'm trying to order a replacement- it not, it'll mean a quick trip to the MicroCenter. on Thursday. But given that it doesn't seem to be my tower, (which needs a checkup or three anyways) I should be able to get back on track without too much problems.

Looks like it'll be about 4-5 business days for the replacement cable. Rrg- we'll see then if it's just that, or a deeper problem. In the meantime, I'll try to figure something out, some placeholder or fillers using some of the other artwork I'd been working on, or sharing some project prelims...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Usdom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Great! I'm looking forward to more Hal in the comic. Kinda hoping Mr. Cramer gets an attitude with Hal since he's all about being the biggest, strongest thing in the forest.
I'd like see just how alpha-male he is when facing a wall of angry giant bear.
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Travelerr » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 am

Terrible news there Bar, but it looks like the community is willing to try and help how we can. I know the option i've learned being a penny pinching tight fisted greedy little fellow is, look at the cheapest solution first. Hopefully thats whats wrong, maybe a bad cable too. Either way I hope things start getting mended and better.

After all we all love this comic. though I won't like. If I wasn't broke I'd be buying me some swag to help suport it. Alas the recession, she is a cruel mistress. Either way I eagerly await what comes next!
I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The problem is I don't care.
Travelerr
Button popping

Postby AraChiya » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

I had to replace two scanners that have had the same problem... it was always a scanner component. My current scanner is crappy in that its optics are off forcing me to compensate on the drawings and it makes everything too bright. Of course it's difficult to replace equipment when the funds are not available.
AraChiya
Button popping

Postby Travelerr » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 am

Make sure to keep us updated amigos. Man I'd suggest a donation drive if all else failed, but its a bit of a dick move to suggest such when you're flat ass broke xD. Even more so I hope whatever tricks you try work out and you get back up and running.
I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The problem is I don't care.
Travelerr
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:40 pm

FedEx still hasn't arrived with the cable... ug.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 am

Scratch that. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight?

LIKE A BOSS.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Sooo....comic?
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Maybe a bit late, but comic. There are a few tweaks that need to be made, and typos corrected.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to Peter is the Wolf