[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Unplanned Hardware-induced Hiatus

Unplanned Hardware-induced Hiatus

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Unplanned Hardware-induced Hiatus

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 13, 2008 7:52 pm

BAR-1's computer has gone blotto, and quite possibly taken weeks' worth of work on PitW with it.

Needless to say, no update for this week, and no telling when the next one will be.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RBrigham » Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Doncha just love modern technology???
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Tue May 13, 2008 10:35 pm

KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

(Not to be a smartass, but doesn't he backup the files via flash drive, external hard drive, etc?)
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby llearch » Wed May 14, 2008 4:56 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed May 14, 2008 1:07 pm

HIATUS OVER!

Working on tonight's page as we speak. Thankfully some of my more techy-inclined friends up here were able to talk me through a system restore. Just about everything's intact.

(But yeah, the day after Anime Central I'm investing in an external drive with my economic stimulus check.)

-edit: yeah but for some reason my FireFox was is still ultra-buggy. I gotta figure out what the heck is going on there, and clean out the majority of these old video files on my HD
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby K-MacK » Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 pm

You could just drop the Firefox ant then reload it. That might fix the bugginess problem.
You might also consider d/loading your critical art and related stuff to a CD or DVD; at least that way if your system curls up its toes again, you have something to work with, even if its on someone else's computer.

Oh!! and if your new machine is running Vista...Vista doesn't like firefox at all. I tried a Vista machine and decided not to load it yet. xp works just fine, and is a lot less picky...and it doesn't crash as much, either.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

did it happen after all?

Postby ScrewySquirrel » Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 am

ScrewySquirrel
Just getting started

Re: did it happen after all?

Postby Happygun » Fri May 30, 2008 2:50 am

Happygun

Re: did it happen after all?

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri May 30, 2008 7:57 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri May 30, 2008 7:59 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Happygun

Postby RBrigham » Fri May 30, 2008 12:03 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Timberwolfer » Fri May 30, 2008 2:47 pm

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:31 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby llearch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:02 pm

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Happygun

Postby tyrant » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 pm

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby UberMan5000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 pm

Best spyware protection:

Get a Mac and stop putting up with that crap. I know I probably sound arrogant, but as a fresh switcher, the difference can't be disregarded. :wink:
UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Happygun » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:08 am

Happygun

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:50 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby kitwulfen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:42 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Return to Peter is the Wolf