[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, 1-5-2008

Update, 1-5-2008

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, 1-5-2008

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:11 am

And thus ends the legend of Marrok! Special filler next week to celebrate three MILLION hits, and then on to Book Two... and college!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby llearch » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, -that- was unexpected.

For a story that's supposed to have a moral of "don't show anyone you're a werewolf", it ended surprisingly well for Sir Marrok...
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Well, Marrok himself kept the secret- it was his wife who outed him.

She was punished, and he got the happily-ever-after ending.

But mostly, the story is about more than one simple moral. For one thing, it shows that under certain circumstances it is possible for humans and werewolves to interact as friends and equals rather then enemies or master-servant.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:18 pm

I just read it from work - yes, on Saturday. Nice. Now, back to the main story! w00t and so forth.

By the way, living in California sucks right now. Been without power since early morning Friday and won't be getting it back until late Sunday.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby llearch » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:59 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:21 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby DesertRat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 am

Well I'm going to go ahead and say I really enjoyed this little story. The whole thing was a lot of fun to follow, actually and I find that to be a startlingly rare quality in some comics.

I've now taken to making things like 'Growl, Growl. Snarl, Snarl.' part of my vocabulary.
DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby RBrigham » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Great story, I expecially liked the first frame, that look would make anyone re-think there stragity (RUN AWAY!!!) :roll:

I'm looking forward to the next story in the set, both Peter and Sarah in collage should be a hoot. :lol:

Keep up the great work guys, I've been telling all my friend (last count two or three) about this site.
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby llearch » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:53 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Maybe it's just me-but Sarah's expression in the last panel is somewhat less than reassuring.

I can see why Peter told this particular story to her though: It's one where both Were's and Humans get along amicably. She is probably still ticked off at the realisation that there comes a point in life when you "can't go back home", and she's reached it.
Adulthood bites; no way around that.

I wonder if this is a hint at what might exist in college: a sort of underground association of Were's and Humans; both semi-rebellious to the old-line concept of Werewolves and Smoothskin humans are like oil and water-not mixable...or not too mixable, that is. After all, the Genericville Pack has a few Smoothskin human associates (the thrift-shop lady coming to mind most easily).
Still, there is fear and resistance on both sides of the equation, with the Were's probably being the most fearful. The Human race could "inhale" them and not even sneeze-nevermind that these Werewolves are humans with one special ability. Period. They fear for their uniqueness in the face of a parent species that could dilute them into insignifigance in three generations, tops. So they hide.
(Sigh) that option won't last forever. Eventually they'll be found out; and once the 'shiny' wears off-ignored.
Maybe that's what they fear most.
(five solid days of miserable rain has me being thoughtful-moreso than I should be, maybe.)
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:07 am

Or is it this:

Two weeks ago, if you asked her if there were such a thing as werewolves, she'd answer: Everybody knows there's no such thing as werewolves!
She was a complicit member in that conspiracy of consensus reality that most humans propagate.

Now she's got a werewolf saying there's no such thing as Dragons.

(Of course, Peter had the same problem a while back on the character forums...)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:14 am

Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby llearch » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 pm

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Sling » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:05 am

Sling
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:48 am

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf