[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Steam hangover - no comic

Steam hangover - no comic

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Northwolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:06 am

And if you think that sounds complex, imagine having to do that, over the phone, with someone functionally illiterate moving the mouse. I am so glad I'm free from that mess. :)[/quote]
I used to do that for a living as well. I am so happy I don't anymore.
Northwolf
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm

I'll probably make Kris include this link with this week's page, for no other reason than I'm finally getting around to reading the greater body of HP Lovecraft's works.

HP Podcraft, the Lovecraft Literary Podcast.

Not sure when Sarah's dad is going to pop up again, but he's based on a.. crude attempt at drawing HPL, before he kinda became his own. He does seem to be a bit Lovecraftian a character, at least to me. And hey, Call of Cthulhu mentions an Architect that went insane!
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Um, nearly ALL of Lovecraft's protagonists go insane at the end. In fact, roughly 2/3 of all of his stories involve a character describing HOW he or someone else went insane.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 am

Insane, dead, or afraid of some commonplace thing that brings up the bad memories.

And the architect wasn't even one of the protagonists, he was just some artistic person who went nuts in the spring of '25. (Along with a Frenchman who painted a landscape that nearly caused a riot at the Salon, and a sculptor who managed to contact an anthropologist about a strange, dream-inspired bas-relief...)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Arashi500 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 am

Arashi500
Just getting started

Postby Happygun » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 am

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 am

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf