[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Thrall life?

Thrall life?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

81%
19%

Total votes : 21

Postby Henpecked » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Sling » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Sling
Feeling strange

Postby Usdom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 am

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby kitetsu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 am

kitetsu
Sweater stretching

Postby Usdom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:30 am

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby Wakinyan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 am

Wakinyan
Button popping

Postby tHEfOOL » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:36 am

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Sehvekah » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 am

Knowing the future of my health(or what's left of it), if by 40 I'm crippled, in constant screaming agony and still left with more then a decade to live, well that'd be the happy ending for me.

So yes, I'd do it. No hesitation, regrets or thoughts to the consequences. I don't care what kind of were, who does it or how, pack or no, whether they help me or leave me to learn for myself or even if they turn around and try to kill me, even if I might not survive my first change, I don't fucking care. If it meant even the tiniest chance of avoiding what's coming, I'd take it.
"If there's one thing a Vorlon needs in life, it's a sound beating."
- Unknown

"If there's one thing I've learned and learned well it is that genitals and power tools don't mix."
- Lunatic Goofballs
Sehvekah
Just getting started

Postby Les » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 am

A thing I wonder about Thralldom, and Sarah's case in particular, how much of the severe difficulty she's been having stems from the fact that she HATES to were? What if anything would be the difference between her situation and a thrall who accepts and even loves the fuzzier side of their new dual identity?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:44 pm

For those who were there:

Doesn't being a Thrall look a lot like Basic Training in any of the Military Services? Does to me, and I was there. :roll:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Les » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:11 am

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bordeux » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:44 am

>what so I have to put something original here? huh.. I guess i should come up with something original...<
bordeux
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:45 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 am

THRALL

Pronunciation:
\ˈthrȯl\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English thral, from Old English thræl, from Old Norse thræll
Date:
before 12th century

1 a: a servant slave : bondman ; also : serf b: a person in moral or mental servitude2 a: a state of servitude or submission <in thrall to his emotions> b: a state of complete absorption <mountains could hold me in thrall with a subtle attraction of their own — Elyne Mitchell>
— thrall adjective
— thrall·dom or thral·dom Listen to the pronunciation of thraldom \ˈthrȯl-dəm\ noun

Thrall is generally associated with servitude, slavery, and submission - it has very little to do with being cursed. One is "enthralled" by lycanthropy.
Happygun

Postby cawsking555 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:31 pm

In Washington theirs a rode called Thrall exit 3 above Yakama 20miles
Migi! Yame nasai! Sore wa oroka da. Hijō ni oroka na tashika ni! Chotto ii aidea toshite, ima anata ga tada oroka na ensō; kuria OUT o, LOT pōrando no anata no iru ofu kaishi!
cawsking555
Mountain climbing

Postby Les » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I think the general idea is that, at least among European Human/Were cultures, that becoming a 'Thrall' is something the weres Do To You, whether you like it or not. Not something they Offer or that you Volunteer for.
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Les » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby fallenwolf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:02 pm

You mess with the best you die like the rest
fallenwolf
Feeling strange

Postby Usdom » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 pm

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:25 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby stormydragon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:38 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Happygun

Postby tHEfOOL » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 pm

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby RBrigham » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf