[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Filler, July 14

Filler, July 14

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Filler, July 14

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:09 pm

BAR-1 had to pull a bunch of overtime immediately after getting back from Anthrocon, so he hasn't been able to catch up... that, and he's really trying to get NNHS in Space touch-ups done before the pitchfork mob burns WLP HQ to the ground.

Here's a piece of fan art by Strype. Enjoy.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 am

Keep hunting that one wasn't a wise move. Peter potential to make damage is inferior to the one of Sarah by a lot. I foresee some corpse with broken spinal (and many other bones) soon after this fight. It's maybe not Sarah who win, they could capture and secure her but not without loses.

Elle peut et va être mortellement dangereuse.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 am

The pages that were for this week, should hopefully be ready by wednesday before I have to leave for Otakon....
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:58 pm

In regards the filler panel...It would appear that Sarah-Wuff is somewhat annoyed with the Goon-suit crew.
Good. :twisted:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Les » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:01 pm

I wonder at the wisdom of the decision to keep the several previous strips in the series up, or even to include them altogether.

Presumably this is for new readers to get 'caught-up' in the story, but even with so many back-issues on the same page wouldn't a complete neophyte to the series still be clueless and confused without going back through the archives and starting from the beginning? How would a first-time reader know or understand the signifigance of wolfsbane or Peter's role in Sarah's currently needing that herb? Is it worth causing a bandwidth problem for those readers still without broadband for the benefit of new readers who are just going to have to start-over from the beginning of the archives anyway?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:26 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby K-MacK » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:54 pm

Glad to hear that Bar-1 isn't getting laid- off. A regular dribble of cash in the bank account does seem to free the mind for creating Art, even if the work involved cuts into the hours available for said Art. Starving artists as a rule don't do good work.
And the current strip layout works well for both giving the newby some idea as to what's happening, and may entice them to look in the Archives for what came before...that's what happened to me when I first encountered this strip. Then, I discovered that there were two stories, the Adult and the Gen-Aud ones. If you put all that art together, it's already one heck of a story, with more to come.

Question for whomever: this new post from "Ash": with the artwork and such: SPAM or not? And is the adult version a steal of one of WLP's characters? I'd like to see just how good the stuff is, but if it's spam, I won't click on it, and I sure as hell won't visit the site.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby kitwulfen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Gonna be honest, Strype's fan art looked a lot better in person. I don't think the scan really does it justice.

FYI, Strype is awesome. I picked up a commission in my conbook from him (along with BAR-1, gNAW, and Beowulf Kennedy) this year. It's 100% badass.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Great filler!

Postby wysiwyg » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:07 pm

wysiwyg
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby wysiwyg » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm

wysiwyg
Button popping

Postby kitwulfen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:47 am

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:14 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Return to Peter is the Wolf