[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - I mean this in the most light hearted way possible, but.....

I mean this in the most light hearted way possible, but.....

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

I mean this in the most light hearted way possible, but.....

Postby Aticston » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:06 am

If you guys go on missed update weeks in the middle of things getting wacky, bombs will be mailed ;D hehehe

I actually find the sex wacky and humorous in the comic, just for the reactions of the two characters and the expressions (I bet I was the only one that noticed the little Sarah nuclear explosion piff in the last panel)

Also, I dunno why, Jean is drawn cute and all (Why can she get away with that outfit on campus? Not in my school I tell you) but I always have the freaking urge to well, smack her? Belittle her? Put her down?

She always seems to be thinking of herself. What she's getting out of this, whats happening with her, how other peoples problems affect her etc.

The only time I saw anything remotely "Decent" out of her was racing to get Sarah at the very first comic ark before Sarah's first wolf out, but I dunno if that was, to say for Sarah's benefit, or her benefit to prevent werewolves from being revealed to the public at large again, and the fear of witch hunts and just looking out for her own skin.

I don't really like it when people ONLY think of themselves. Peter and Sarah have enough on their plate and a whole ton of people telling them what to do, where to live, what to take and how to act (More so then any modern society) and then you got Jean going "HEY WHAT ABOUT ME!" waving her arms in the back demanding her piece of the action and focus, when quite rightly attention should be turned on Peter and Sarah for safety reasons more then anything, for both pack and publics safety.

Werewolves are bullet proof in the vein as simple wounds and injuries, they do not regrow limbs/fingers/feet etc due to high powered weaponry S.W.A.T. teams carry, let alone what the goons in the white paddy wagons could have possible means of getting a hold of.

PS: Also FYI if you are going for the "Body fluids traveled" route and not the "Blessing/Curse of the wolfphen", Jean body bouncing from guy to guy she has a 1 in 100 chance of infecting the male partner with wolfism, as per STD chances of transfer without condoms of female to male STD infections through regular sex. With a condom this increases to 1 in 10,000, but still thats still playing games with a obviously dangerous situation in the fact if her partners are not other werewolves, they could wake up one night and find a more then just hair down there.
Aticston
Button popping

Postby K-MacK » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Well; two things this week.
We see that Jean does care about Peter and Sarah. :D
We also see that when a She-Wolf gets horny, she gets a bit focused on herself. Understandable. Also, look at her mom in the Wiki. :shock:
Hmm; "bathed a tomcat and then drenched him with body spray"? That may bode ill for a certain Leoanthrope. Tomcats don't smell sweet. On the other paw, he could scratch her...itch...for her. :lol:

Three things, not two! Her bodysuit is back! Now she looks reptilian, just a bit. Still killer cute, though. :wink:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Jean selfish? Hell yes. She's a bit spoiled, mainly because she has near-Sarah intelligence, without Sarah's responsibilities & expectations. Of course, now she's losing out, bigtime, on something that was her "toy"... something she still would want to play with, even if it was for 'old time's sake'.

Worst off, part of what put Peter in Sarah's lap wasn't just the fact that she was tutoring him... part of that ended up being Sarah was one of the few people who gave Peter any emotional support. (Jean & Pete's relationship was a Benefriends thing... just friendship, and the sex was pretty much, purely sexual. Jean kept it that way.)
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 pm

In response to the passed by bodily fluds thing, why do ya think she's looking for a "stud"..heh :lol:

as for the "drenched in body sray , well neither me nor tyrant had anything to do with that... :twisted: ( o.k. this time.... :wink: )
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Re: I mean this in the most light hearted way possible, but.

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:05 pm

OK, my response in detail:

Jean is a quite selfish person- as is her mother, incidentally. She's also a teenager, at the point in life where (except for infancy) people are at their most selfish. She does have some genuine feelings for Peter, but absolutely none of them are romantic. She didn't rush Peter to Sarah's place for Sarah's benefit- at the start of the story she couldn't care less about Sarah. She did it to try to protect Peter from his folly- and thus avoid losing her best friend and occasional slice of value-pack rolled chuck roast.

Some colleges are more permissive than others. I don't know that Jean could get away with that outfit in class, but... well... I went to Univ. Texas at Austin, in possibly the only city in Texas where female toplessness in public is legal. (Rare, but legal.) I don't know about Indohigan or whatever state Peter's town is in, but it's also possible.

The limits of werewolf regeneration in PitW are being kept deliberately vague, until and unless I have a specific plot reason to bring the subject up. Limb regeneration might be possible, if the werewolf is strong and otherwise healthy enough.

(Otherwise healthy enough? Yes, I know, that's asking, "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?")

And finally: Jean is not planning on bedding any humans. Period. She'd consider that stupid, just as she considered Peter stupid for doing it with Sarah. If she did, though, the infection rate would be a lot higher than 1%- and I haven't decided for certain yet that a rubber would be an effective countermeasure. (I doubt the subject will come up in the comic anyway...)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: I mean this in the most light hearted way possible, but.

Postby Happygun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby tHEfOOL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:51 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to Peter is the Wolf