[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Your Favorite Book 1 Moment?

Your Favorite Book 1 Moment?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Your Favorite Book 1 Moment?

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:05 pm

With PitW Book 2 beginning, I'd like to know what moment- page or even single panel- was your favorite of the first book.

My favorite moment, as the writer- one of the times when everything came together exactly right, and there were a lot of times it didn't- is page 65, where Dr. Abe uses both canine and hominid learned instinct to establish control over a werewolf that outmasses him four to one.

Whap!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RBrigham » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 pm

I really don't have a favorite page as the whole book was great.

Will this be in a graphic novel soon?
RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:46 pm

While I don't really have a particular favorite line or panel, one bit does stand out in my mind:

"Ahem...Petey, why did I suddenly want to...chase cars?"
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Timberwolfer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:29 am

-I don't suffer from INSANITY, I enjoy EVERY minute of it!
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby DesertRat » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:49 pm

"You could have put on pants..."

Classic.
DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:15 pm

The moment when, in Peter's bedroom, Sarah was fuzzy hot and ready; and he looked out of the panel and shrugged, as if to say "Well, what would YOU do?"
For the briefest part of a second, he was real. That is both good writing and good artwork, as it takes away the "invisible wall" between the reader and the story, and makes the whole thing alive.
As I commented then: Shakespear couldn't have done better.
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Yurie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am

I have two favorite parts. The first is the chase scene after the visit to Doctor Abe's office. I love the action.

The second part was two words from Chibi-Sarah: "Sic 'em"
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby DesertRat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 pm

The more I consider the entirety of book one the more I think that the whole Doctor Abe sequence is my favorite...
DesertRat
Sweater stretching

Postby Sling » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Page 39 really stood out to me, just because of how nonchalant it was revealed to Sarah that werewolves exist. A quick change and a "Boo"
Sling
Feeling strange

Postby kitwulfen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Butch trying out her new outfit. Comics needs more barely-clothed Butch, IMHO.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Crunch Jackson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm

Using "SPIELBERG!" as a sound effect.
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby K-MacK » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 am

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby RBrigham » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:05 am

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby UberMan5000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 pm

UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby kittywitch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

<.< Huh? What? Me? I didn't do anything >.>
kittywitch
Feeling strange

Return to Peter is the Wolf