[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:39 pm

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

You forgot Discord being Discord...without doing anything. Magnificent bastard indeed.

*SPOILERS*

The hints that he played some role in the incident we're actually quite cleverly placed - the seeds in Twilight's vision, the chaotic influence it had on Rarity's magic.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:25 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Quite a lot got set up for us to look forward to.

There's the six keys that they now have to find to open that lockbox and obtain whatever magical MacGuffin hides inside. Do you think they'll find the keys one at a time throughout the season or all at once for the finale?

There's also a little bit of that white potion left. Also, wtf was up with Twilight's dark and evil looking magic when she primed it? It's like she was channeling King Sombra for a moment. Dun dun duuuun!
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:34 am

Further observations:

Twilight is now a little bit taller, her horn is a little longer and sharper, and her body is a tiny bit bulkier. She also apparently has a seat belt coming out her ass. :roll:

Spike was also writing with a pencil. A PENCIL! I'll bet he stole a bunch of stuff from Canterlot High, being a dragon and all.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:41 pm

In B4 "Twilight Bukkakke" R34 fanart is drawn.

And "Everfree Tentacles"

Of course, this is like... minutes before. If we just hit "refresh" on fA, I'm sure we'll have a reason to drown our interwebs sorrows in Cider shortly.

Sadly, there's already *plenty* of pics depicting Pinkie Pie doing obscene things with frosting. Both literal and figurative frosting...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Castle Mane-ia

Ah, the good old 'Multiple groups are in the same place at the same time without knowing about the others so they scare each other senseless' gag.

More great animation and vivid colors. This is definitely going to be a great season for just admiring all the prettiness.

The plot was, once again, pretty predictable once all the ponies had independently arrived at the castle, but it was so much fun seeing them all bounce off of each other like that that it didn't bother me. I bet there wasn't a single viewer out there who didn't predict who the organ player was.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Believe it or not, I thought it might have been Luna. I figured she traveled from Canterlot to help the girls search the castle but then got distracted by her lovely old pipe organ and couldn't resist playing. I didn't even notice Pinkie Pie's absence.

Decent episode, but kind of a weak ending with an odd moral and obvious set-up for future end-of-episode summaries.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Also...

BEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:09 pm

All that was missing was a pony with a goatee and nervous laugh, with a big dog trailing along behind.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:56 pm

And because I can, I pronounce today Pony Day on WLP's online stores!

Safe for work WLP store: https://wlpcomics.com/shop/index.php?ma ... ath=98_138

NSFW Superboobs Online store: https://www.wlpcomics.com/sbostore/inde ... ath=98_137
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Daring Don't

Now this one had me groaning a lot, going "Oh come on" a lot, not to mention smiling a lot. Rainbow Dash was fangirling so hard.

It also looks like they really are going along with the diary writing subplot.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:44 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Episode's best moments to me:

In Twilight's case, that would be like a nuclear explosion.

Rainbow Dash has just won the Most Awkward Fangirl in Equestria award.

Nevermind the cheesy comeback line. That smug face on Rainbow Dash simply kills me.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 pm

It wasn't at all what I expected, but it was very good.

My favorite bit was Twilight and Rainbow's geekwank argument, providing specific references to the books for their points. I've seen and heard comic geeks do the exact same thing.

Second favorite: Rainbow Dash squeeing.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Flight to the Finish

Ehh... I just don't understand why Studio B has such a hard time making good CMC episodes. In my opinion Hearts and Hooves Day and Sleepless in Ponyville were alright, but this one was just lacking.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey, I thought it was alright. Nice song, Rainbow Dash/Harsh Whinney' had some good dynamics, and more reasons to hate Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. And they finally outright acknowledged Scootaloo can't fly and that it's unusual for a filly of her age.

Also, the animation was pretty impressive - they've really kicked it up a notch.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Power Ponies

This was a good episode. Kind of hard for it NOT to be given the premise. But it could have been sooo much better!

First of all, the Mane-iac's minions just didn't work; they were simply too adorable. Yes, most of the characters in the show are miniature polychromatic equines with cutie marks, but they managed to make the hench...horsies from Daring Don't look somewhat intimidating. I actually felt kind of sorry for them when the power ponies were beating them up. Also the fact that Twilight - easily the most powerful of the mane 6 - wound up as the weakest superheroine wasn't played with much. I'm guessing it was done so the other cast would have a chance to shine, but it felt kind of awkward. And the ending/explanation behind what happened was weak. Yes, it's more original than "one of Twilight's spells goes awry " but honestly that still would have worked better. There were a few other picky details, but I'm not going to go into them.

What did work? Pinkie Pie as a speedster, obviously. Pretty much all the action scenes. The Mane-iac, while certainly not the best villain in the series, was interesting enough. When I first saw the preview I thought she was actually Luna in disguise (she entered Spike's dream and pulled the other ponies in to have some fun/teach them a lesson).

And dear G'hod, the fanfics and fan-art this episode is going to generate...Fluttershy as an Incredible Hulk expy alone...
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:42 pm

The Mane-iac's cackling personality got old fast, but they obviously couldn't just have her go on random killing sprees.

A good episode with lots of great animation. Them getting sucked into the comic reminded me of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I like how Twilight seems to have claimed that castle for her own and is working on fixing it up now.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:53 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.