[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Toast » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 am

Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:53 pm

On a somewhat related topic I had an idea for a rather funny, tongue-in-cheek FiM fanfic last night.

Typical, ordinary, well-adjusted brony one night wishes to meet one of the mane cast. He awakens later that night and low and behold Rarity has appeared before him. He's thrilled to meet her and just wants to talk to her, but Rarity is...well, more than happy to meet him...and tries to seduce him. He is, naturally, horrified by the prospect and the next ten minutes are basically a Tex Avery style series of gags as he tries to escape her advances, culminating with her holding him down with her unicorn telekinesis. Just before everything is about to go from PG-13 to XXX, he wakes up. It was all a horrible dream.

He shakes his head and says: "That's it...no more pony fanfiction."
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Lots more fresh footage of Fighting is Magic from another livestream uploaded a few days ago. Over an hour and half's worth actually, but shows SO much new stuff, including move sets for Rarity and Pinkie Pie, bringing playable (but far from balanced) characters to four. They've even gotten people to do VOICES for them.

Wow, so much effort wrapped up into something that they cannot sell. I guess that shows true dedication to bronykind.

Oh, and Fluttershy bonus at end of #2 and #3. :mrgreen:

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

I'm curious to see what will happen once the game is released. It's safe to say the only reason Hasbro hasn't fired a cease and desist is because Mane6 isn't trying to make any money off the game; they're not even accepting donations. But if Fighting is Magic turns out as good as it looks now, it will be better than many titles developed by professional game studios. I find it hard to believe a major corporation like Hasbro wouldn't take some action, positive or negative.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:28 am

Well, it's finally begun. The ball has started rolling back to G3 ponies. Hasbro has now made edits to their already finished product because they want to make sure they don't offend anyone. All because a few people were too butthurt by Derpy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Season 2 Episode 19 - Putting Your Hoof Down

Definitely one of the better ones. Features the return of Flutterbitch, a minotaur Mister-T expy (in a maze of maize), Pinkie Pie pulling the "Wabbit Season/Duck Season" gag, Rarity using her feminine wiles, Fluttershy saying "stoked" and "...gives a flying feather," lots of third person narration, reference to the Incredible Hulk, a good, nonstandard moral, so much more...

EXCELLENT!!!

The way everyone in ponyville conveniently turned into inconsiderate jerks was a bit jarring, though.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I can't be the only one who was genuinely surprised to find out that pony coins really are called bits after all. They've always said "two bits" before so all this time I thought they were either just referring to quarters or implying that the item in question was pretty cheap and worthless. 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' referenced both bits and cents so one could be forgiven for thinking this.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 am

Also, is anyone else steadily getting the impression that the show writers aren't really fans of capitalism? First there was the supply/demand and the 'wins exclusive rights to sell x' fiasco in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and now we've got market vendors jacking up prices to take advantage of shy pushover ponies. Capitalism seems like an easy thing to ridicule, which I think is silly.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Preview of Episode 20, Season 2 - It's About Time

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/i ... .html#more

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only epic pony war.

This...this looks...*collapses from sheer awesomeness*
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Twilight Sparkle's VA, Tara Strong, continues to troll/amaze the fanbase by performing a short rap which was animated mere hours later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... blE8YYLyQ0

Twilightlicious indeed.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

MLP It's About Time

Another "Twilight goes nuts" episode. There are just so many potential memes in this one, it's gonna be fun to see em all. Twilight-licious indeed.

Of all the new things this episode made canon, I cannot for the life of me believe that they referenced . So you're saying Equestria has a Hell, with Cerberus and everything? Seriously?!
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Also implied that Cerberus is Princess Celestia's pet. How badass is that?

Memes ahoy!

Metal Gear Pony 4
Solid Snake Twilight
Viva Las Pegasus!
You created a Time Paradox!
Stable time loop.
Ball Emergency!!!
Pinkie Pie Panic.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:49 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Konami would have sued if she had.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm on the road; was there a new ep this weekend?

(And yes, the boards are fixed now.)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm

MLP Dragon Quest

After witnessing the great Dragon Migration, Spike starts to feel out of place around his pony friends, especially when they consider him to essentially be an adorable little brother. When Twilight's library fails to shed any light on his dragon heritage, Spike decides to join the migration on a pilgrimage of self discovery.

A decent enough episode that mainly just takes the piss out of the pointless macho-ness of teenage dragons. I'm a little annoyed that they slightly changed Spike's origin story from The Cutie Mark Chronicles, but was made up for by him getting his own pet at the end.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Twas a decent episode.

*SPOILER*

Only wished they'd stuck around to beat the snot out of the teen dragons once Spike rejected them. Come on, Twilight Sparkle single-hoofedly handled a Ursa Minor, Rarity bitch-slapped a manticore, and Rainbow Dash...is Rainbow Dash. Stupid pony pacifism.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:14 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Season 2, Episode 22 - Hurricane Fluttershy

Very nice episode! Decent, not entirely predictable plot. Old-timey propaganda style film, Spitfire made an appearance, and the cutest training montage EVER!

But...the roid-rage pony. Terrifying. Horrifying! His eyes, gaping portals to the flaming pits of Tartarus where demons torment the souls of the damned for eternity! MAKE HIM GO AWAY! AHHH!
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:09 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Season 2, Episode 23 - Ponyville Confidential

At last! Proper Cutie Mark Crusader Chaos.

CHAOS!!!

No surprise Rarity defended the gossip column up until they did a story about her. "Gum on the bum *snort*"

Also...this image from a fimfiction story...

I...I...honestly don't know what to say. I..I'm so confused right now. :cry:
Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.